I’ve been social networking since the AOL days, however I can only dream of having the social influence of some of these Top 5 Most Influential People in the Travel World of Social Media. I may also suggest that I found this incredible Leaderboard list from the folks at Skift, follow them on Twitter at @Skift. Their Competitive Intelligence tool is one of the best I’ve found on the internet for Travel & Tourism.
Meet the Top 5 People in the Real-time Travel World
#5 – The Planet D - Follow them on Twitter at @theplanetd – One of the best reasons to follow Dave & Deb is there truly incredible photography and of landscapes, sunsets and I love their motto that adventures are for everyone. I dream of writing a song together about “The Adventures in Travel”
#4 – Nomadic Matt – Follow him on Twitter at @nomadicmatt – He’s the author of “How to Travel the World on $50 a Day” which is a very intriguing thought and idea. I’d highly suggest you follow Matt if you’re interested in great tips on traveling on a budget. I also love his passion and energy to explore the globe. I’m truly inspired by his story!
#3 – Johnny Jet – Follow him at @johnnyjet – I like his approach to helping travelers save money and tips to taking advantage of the perks of traveling. Also he has a great Travel Deals section on his website. The other really cool thing he does is curate Travel contests for his followers!
#2 – Andrew Zimmern – Follow him at @AndrewZimmern – I’ve always love his shows on the Travel channel. He use his social media to really highlight everything that he’s doing in Real-time. This is awesome; I love his pictures on Twitter too. Really shows his personality. I dream of starting a restaurant together that focuses on “Fast & Gourmet”!
#1 – Sir Richard Branson – Follow him at @RichardBranson - He’s probably the most intriguing human on earth to me… he’s started over 400 companies with the Virgin Group, and he still keeps that kid at heart. Willing to explore all over the world, challenging his fears, and never backing down from a challenge, therefore I believe he is the most powerful person in the Travel Industry. Everyone in the world is influenced by him or his companies. He is truly the “Steve Jobs” of the travel business, and I believe that there will never be another human with his spirit and intellect. I dream of one day shaking the hand of Richard Branson while sitting with him on his Necker Island talking about the future of business, space, and music!!
Who’s the most influential person to you in the travel industry? Add to my list! Email me at email@example.com
In 2014, the Advertising world has been completely disrupted with Real-time Marketing vehicles (Blog Writing, Email Marketing, Social Media, Responsive Websites, and Social Advertising). I’m sure that you’ve all have seen the changes with your marketing efforts for your clients, but no matter what you can still help manage it for them. The future is less paid media, and more viral shared media.
From the largest advertising agencies in the world, have embraced this with all their clients, as you can see with the traditional advertising driving to social, but how can you do this with a smaller – mid size ad agency. I would suggest you do the following and daily participating in continuing education for your clients.
- Step 1 - Subscribe to their Email Updates from the Authorities
- Step 2 – Take a look at your clients current Real-time Marketing
- Do they have an email marketing campaign?
- Do they have a social marketing campaign?
- Do they have a responsive website experience?
- Step 3 – Create a quarter update/analysis of the progress
- Many clients think they can handle these tasks, and with an audit we can make sure they’re growing. It’s a perfect way to grow your Real-time Marketing services, by giving a little in effort to receive a lifetime of business.
Need more help? I’d love to give you some ideas! Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
I wake up everyday hungry to inspire through the power of social giving!
I know that we have a long ways to go but if we bond together we can change the world!
Two phone meeting today about marketing two different California destinations for their social media & real-time campaigns. I love being able to help brands, businesses, and destination from all over North America! I’m staying humbled and working hard for our clients everyday :)
It’s somewhat hard to predict the future for Real-time Marketing as it’s changing rapidly and growing faster than any form of media in the past 100 years. Everyone, including grandparents, have Facebook & Twitter accounts, where they are being updated with the social networks that they’ve created for themselves. However we have some predictions for the future…
- Collecting Qualitative Data from your Social Followings - Via Contests, Sweepstakes, Engagement Posts with Fans, Customer Service
(Shout out to Adrenaline for this photo & for their example)
- Reward your Super Fans - Follow your top fans & followers and reward them monthly with perks from your business. Give them exclusive offers, promotional products, new product releases first, cool brand swag.
- Take time to respond to every comment - Social media is becoming a bigger piece to a successful business strategy. The future of brand awareness and management involves a world that allows customers/fans to feel free to communicate via social to handle customer issues, and product questions. It’s vital to monitor and comment on every post that you are able to, even if you have 1,000 comments take the time to at least try to respond to 25% of the posts, choosing the posts that you think make a difference to respond to.
(Shout out to eMarketer.com for this photo)
- Social Advertising takes more revenue from Broadcast - Almost every social network now has the ability to target and track their audiences, and advertise to them. We’re seeing that more and more of marketing & ad budgets are going towards hyper-targeting real-time ad spaces. The Broadcast approach to media doesn’t allow tracking or split ad testing for marketing campaigns. Social Advertising is the future of advertising.
- Hiring Teams to handle Promotions & Moderate communities - As the social space has grown many of the social communities have grown beyond the time capacity for one person (social manager), or Marketing team to answer. In this case we’ve seen a major shift to hiring social management companies to manage the community promotions (on and off-line) as well as responding to fans/followers in real-time.
Lastly….. don’t be afraid of change! #Instagram Ads are coming, #Pinterest Ads are coming. Take advantage of the social future!
If you need help? Or have some ideas for me? Email me email@example.com
We’d love to work for your brand www.RealtimeOutsource.com
Great meeting this afternoon with the folks at The Brownie Baker about the power of social media! Very exciting things too come, we even got to take a tour of the process it was truly amazing!
The Central Valley has some amazing businesses that are producing products & services for the Nation to enjoy! I love our amazing CITY!
My advice this week….. Always do your Best! This is an agreement in this life changing book that I read from don Miguel Ruiz. I truly believe that all we can do is the best we can for that day, work everyday building your dream. I know that sometimes life’s challenges can slow us down.
All we can do is the best that we can for that day and even if it’s just one small task a day it can build up to be something AMAZING!!
Buy this book: